Yesterday my coworker, friends, and I attended ZURB Soapbox to hear Katie Dill, Head of Experience Design at Airbnb, share her experience working at a consultancy and in-house, and how designers can improve the experiences of their audience.
Some key takeaways:
- Watch Making the shopping cart video
- Triforce: Product, Design, and Engineering. If these three have equal power, then the experience of the product will be great.
- Designers should inherently be good communicators.
- Storyboarding supports your voice because it brings an emotional reaction when you can visually see the human interactions. It helps us understand what’s happening in that moment (context, environment, etc).
- Watch Joe Gebbia’s TED talk on trust
- Users traverse between the on and offline world. Experience Design is different from Product Design because it considers the offline component.